Sunday, October 21, 2012

Nice to meet you Northern Europe

So carl has gone. Again, we really enjoyed the time we had with him. Made us realize how much we miss our friends and family back home. Soon oh very soon!!!

Our September...in a nutshell, I promise!:)

Finished off the road trip with Carl. We did Vienna, Salzburg and Munich before we made our way south.


















 In Croatia we visited 3 cities. Zagreb, Split and
Dubrovnik. I liked Croatia, particularly Dubrovnik!




























We then went back to Romania for Carl to be able to visit with family. It was wonderful to see them all again!

After a few days in Budapest we arranged to move out of our little home!! The plan was to keep it through mid Oct. but once all the details were figured out we realized that we'd be away all but 3 days of the following month. It was a little on the stressful side because it was so last minute but not nearly as bad as when we had to leave Sofia and had a day to do it!



We flew to Germany to visit/meet some of my family. It was so great to meet and get to know people that I didn't even know existed!




From there we flew to Tallinn, Estonia to visit more family. This time was very special to me. I knew some of the people here because they came to the states. My mom and sisters were really close to them all so I could put faces to the names of the characters to so many stories I'd heard.


Tallinn
We spent a weekend at the "hooter" is what they called it. Its the families property out in the woods. I'd heard so many things about this place, it was lovely to be there. My sisters used to spend their summers there growing up. It was absolutely beautiful!

"Hooter"

Lele Katya. This woman reminds me so much of my mom it's ridiculous! The way they walk and talk is the same. Their love of pretty clothes and shopping. Their passion for travel. The way they prefer their tea even! When this lady was in the states over 10 years ago is when I saw this side of my mom that I'd never seen before and it shocked me! She was so wild! Lele Katya managed to get my mom to attempt a head stand!!! I will never forget that. They laughed the entire time they were together it seemed. I really felt as if I were with family while in Estonia. I was so so sad to leave.


We sailed to Helsinki, Finland for a day. There we met Veronika, the daughter of Lele Katya. Whom I also knew from her frequent visits to California. We enjoyed our time there even with all the rainfall.








From there we flew to Dublin, Ireland.  Because it was cheaper that way than to fly directly to Paris from Tallinn. Dublin was kind of what we expected. Pub after pub lined every street! (slight exaggeration) It was awkward to hear English all around and to see English writing everywhere. Felt almost like home.

Dublin

Next destination was beautiful pahh-rri!! (Paris) We spent some time with Esty and Cipri which was wonderful.

And welcomed Wes and Liza to Europe!! Yay!!!!!!! Sooo looking forward to our time together! This will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment